Wednesday, March 10, 2010

It's been a crazy week


Information & pictures about our baby girl came at a crazy week for us. My MIL was in the hospital, it was my son's birthday, my husband was MIA at work for 50+ hours, I was working extra & the list goes on & on, but it didn't matter. Nothing could stop either of us from staring at her picture & thinking about her. After 4+ years of talking, planning & dreaming about our daughter, here she was. The love is so instantaneous, it amazes me. I felt that overwhelming love for my son also when we got his pictures from Vietnam. I have been plotting the days away on the calender trying to figure out when we can travel & I am assuming it will be after May 5th b/c of the trade fair.


I am working on a letter to send with her care package, so if anyone has suggestions for questions to ask - please let me know. I have found out some good information about her orphanage, SWI in Daoxian, Hunan province, just by reading other people's blogs. Our daughter's current home is highlighted in yellow on the map. From what I have read, Daoxian is a smaller & new orphanage. Typically, in orphangages babies live in 1 big room but at Daoxian the babies sleep in smaller rooms with 4 babies & their nanny. I cannot wait to send off her care package. We are using Ann at Red Thread for her care package, we should get updated pictures & information sometime after her care package is delivered.

We sent our LOA (letter of acceptance) back to the agency last Friday & it is being sent to China on Friday so hopefully the ball will start rolling. Our I-800 arrived at USCIS on Tues. morning, so I hope we get approval notice soon. We are going to have to get refingerprinted & have an appt at the end of March. Hopefully, it will get moved up, this is the only thing that could cause us problems. So I am calling our USC!S officer this week to be on the look out for our I-800 & get our fingerprints scheduled before the end of the month. I have already talked to him once a week for the past 2 weeks, he has been very helpful so I am hopeful for NO screwups! PLEASE!

Anyone who is reading, I would love to have hear more stories about Daoxian SWI or see pictures. We are close to finalizing a name, so I will be sharing that news soon.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Karen,

    I'd be happy to share more with your via email. My address is catherineryan@rogers.com

    ReplyDelete