Sunday, March 28, 2010

Screw ups!

FYI- Please inform your HS agency to always use birth to whatever age in their recommendation for you. Our homestudy approved us for 6-36 months & because Emily was less than 6 months at time of referral, we have had to submit an addendum to USC!S with the supplement Three form & it cost $340! This could delay our travel if it doesn't get processed quickly. I found out about this last Tues at 3pm, my HS & adoption agency was notified within 10 minutes. By 1pm the next day I was on my way to the HS agency to get the addendum & it was overnighted to the stupid lockbox that day. So it arrived in the lockbox Thursday morning. Now, if they can get it out of the lockbox & on somebody's desk by tomorrow I will be so happy. I have cried my eyes out about this but there is nothing I can do now. It is all a domino effect, nothing else can process til I get my !-800 approval!
It really irks me too that in parts of my HS, it talks about us being recommended for a child 0-36 months but in the actually recommendation part it says 6-36 months. The agency said it was a typo! A FREAKING TYPO! AHHHHHH!

Refingerprinting in the morning!

3 comments:

  1. Those are very common, unfortunately. At least you caught it fairly quickly. Our issue was how long it took us to file our I-600 and our baby reached his 1st birthday, and was no longer an infant. That is what happens when you wait 7+ months to file, 10 months to travel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please email me if you have any questions...I think that your beautiful baby came from the same orphanage as our currently two year old daugther. I would love to hear from you...S2190am@hotmail.com
    Congratulatins on your referral
    amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is beyond frustrating. Sometimes you really have to wonder about folks at the ISCIS office. I mean really, can't they just accept it as a typo and move on. Does it really matter that much? Your HS agency should have paid the fee to USCIS-- they are the ones who made the mistake-- typo or not!

    I hope it doesn't delay you.

    big hugs!

    aka Calamity4e from RQ

    ReplyDelete