Thursday, April 8, 2010

Going crazy!


Today is the 10th working day that USC!S has had my homestudy addendum, the mail has come & no approval there. So much for my birthday wish coming true. This really drives me crazy! They received the addendum on the 25th, once approved it will be snail mailed to me. It just really pisses me off. I do live in the US right? Nobody here has to jump on a bike, like in VN or China, to deliver these documents do they? What happened to faxes & express delivery, I would pay for it. Or it couldn't possibly be included in the ridiculous amount they charge for these forms? This is the dumbest system I have ever seen & my daughter sits in an orphanage another day.

My timeline so far:
3/1/2010 - Referral!!
3/4/10 - Translated docs sent late afternoon
3/8/2010 - I-800 to lockbox
3/19/2010 - Received receipt notice of I-800 from USCIS stating they received it on 3/15/2010 (Bull, I overnighted it & tracked it).
Email from USCIS on 3/23/2010 of need for HS addendum
3/25/2010 - Addendum to lockbox

& we wait!

4 comments:

  1. HANG IN THERE!! USCIS in Pittsburgh had our addendum this time last year for over a month without doing anything with it! In the end, I began to bug them after a month and it took nearly another month to get the approval cabled to VN! Unfortunately, it was a LONG, slow process, but it worked in the end. I am not sure if the new lockbox system makes the National Visa Center in NH a thing of the past, but they were GREAT to answer questions and give updates. They told me to call them daily for updates once I knew Pittsburgh was finally moving on it (I showed up at their office 2 weeks before we traveled). They were always kind and understanding of the stress of the delay for NO REAL REASON!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog. I would love to hear more about your first 2 children. I just read a blog where their newly referred baby from China will be 2 weeks older than a biological child at home. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for following Moon girl. Good luck with your trip. i am anxious to read your story.

    xo amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say that the whole Immigration thing can be quite the nightmare... I know... now I have to deal with the Australian part of it all to get our daughter an Australian citizenship... ahhh I am punishing myself :)

    ReplyDelete