Saturday, June 26, 2010

Countdown - 5 Days to go!



I cannot believe the time is drawing near! We leave in 5 days to go to China!

Our Itinerary
06/30 - Depart U.S.(Atl --> Seattle --> Beijing)
07/01 - Arrive in Beijing in evening
07/02 - Free Day
07/03 - Beijing Tour
07/04 - Fly to Changsha (Capital City of Hunan Province)
07/05 – "Gotcha Day"! This is when we receive Emily!
07/06 - Paperwork Day
07/07 - Shopping Day
07/08 - Museum visit
07/09 - Fly to Guangzhou
07/10 - Emily's Visa Photo & Medical Exam
07/11 - Tour Chen Family Temple
07/14 - American Consulate Appointment & Visa Pick up
07/15 - Oath-taking Ceremony at A.C.
07/16 - Visa pick up & train to Hong Kong
07/17 – Departure from Hong Kong (Tokyo --> Detroit --> Atlanta!)

I still have lots to do. I haven't gotten packed yet! I am also waiting on my POA to arrive, which it should be here on Monday. We have had it but just found out last week that they want it to not be older than 3 months! More money that has been wasted, since I already have this document. It cost about $120 to get it reauthenticated because of the expedite fees & the overnight shipping fees. But what can you do? Speaking of money, we are going to the bank on Monday to get all the new bills I need for the trip. I currently have a to do list with about 30-40 things on it. So I better get to it! The countdown is on!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you have a safe trip-enjoy the sites and that all goes smoothly with all of the necessary paperwork and appointments. Safe travels!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't believe the time is just about here!!! Do you plan to blog from China? :)

    ReplyDelete