Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Civil Affairs Day


Emily decided on the way to the Civil Affairs office to take a nap, when this girl decides to sleep there is NO waking her up! She is out cold! I have never seen anything like it. We had to get our picture made together for the adoption today & she would not wake up. They had a hand clapper in her face, pinched her nose & were yelling her name. I was standing her up & still her head was bobbed over & she was out cold. She finally opened her eyes for 2 secs & we got the shot, then she was right back to sleep.


Today her personality started to come out! She is a busy girl, just like her big sister & she can EAT! I predict she will be crawling by the time we leave China. She can’t sit up on her own yet but is getting stronger everyday. She has great head control, but her core needs strengthening. She really has a great little personality & is a cuddly baby. She gave me my first kiss while I was on skype with her daddy. It was a sweet moment.


Her adoption was final in her province today & we sealed it with my thumbprint in red ink over my signature & her right footprint in red ink on the adoption paperwork. She is ours forever. Tomorrow we go to a local museum & Walmart. China’s Walmart is not like US Walmart. It is several stories high & features all kinds of interesting things to eat.




Jaime has been a great help to me on this trip. Not only has she been a great friend but also an invaluable helper to me. On Gotcha Day, I came back to the hotel room to find a beautiful flower arrangement she had delivered to the room for me. What a great friend!



Emily is passed out & has been since 6 pm China time. She plays & sleeps hard. The time is going fast here. I was able to get some beautiful embroidery today that will be passed on to Emily when she is older. I can’t wait to get home, I miss everyone & can’t wait to see my husband & my other babies!


Forever Mommy and Emily

9 comments:

  1. So happy for you! I miss you & love you! You make me so proud to be your sister!

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her personality comes through in your post. Congratulations on another hurdle conquered.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yours forever!!!!!! Awesome!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations-she is beautiful and I am so glad that she is officially yours forever....oh happy day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got goosebumps all over just reading that!!! Cogratulations on sealing the deal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was wonderful to see.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How precious!...You have waited so long for her and she is absolutely perfect. I am so happy for you and your sweet family!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  8. kAREN SHE IS SOOOO BEAUTIFUL! I am so happy for you and Dean wish I could have been there for you to share in the joy but I love this picture you both. YOU look healthy and happy! hope the trip back is a good one!
    Love, Myra

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your new bundle of LOVE! We are friends with Jamie and we are so proud of her and the love she shares with everyone! What a blessing your new daughter is. Sherry & Joel

    ReplyDelete